Friday 2 March 2012

The beauty of this is its simplicity. Once a plan gets too complex, everything can go wrong.




I'm back into the swing of things now; after my eventful weekend away, I am well and truly back into my own little section of this rat race we're all entwined in. Things in my life at the moment are pretty simple, and focused towards one thing; starting my officer cadet training in September. The two obstacles that I face are passing my GCSE's with C's or above; and obtaining an ENG1 medical certificate. Now, I'm pretty healthy as things go, but, the way things are with the ENG1, are that I need a BMI of 30, or less. So; I'm going to  revert back to posting my weight on here, so that I feel compelled to reach my targets more so.  My current BMI is 33.5 so, I need to get that well below 30, in time for August, when I'll more than likely be having my medical.  My current weight is 19stone 4lb (In september, I had got it down to 18 stone 2lbs), so I'm blaming winter, and too much good living, and not enough exercise for the increase; but in all fairness, when I was 27 stone, 4 years ago, I've sort of lost 3 stone, put a stone on, maintained it, and repeated in cycles- so this time, I need to lose 4 stone, put a stone on...maintain it, and then lose a stone an a half- 15 stone is my ideal weight. Saying that, I was 19stone 8lbs on the 2nd of FEB; so I've done well to lose 4lb, considering the amount I ate and drank when I went to Poland. I realise it's not exactly conventional. This time, I need to start addressing portion sizes I think. I don't tend to monitor how much I eat; but I generally eat healthy; bar my take away cravings, usually before I go on my cycling runs of 50 miles or more the day after.

So, apart from the career goal, I'm going to have to add some other goals as well. I own this bike:
While I have been out on it, I've mostly been using it on the turbo. I'm itching to get on it, so, I've said to myself, lose 2 stone, and you can use it! And I really do want to use it! My Fuji bike, has been fitted with a pannier rack, and bag, along with full mudguards; so it weighs an absolute tonne; which I began to notice last weekend when riding up the sunspot; which is an almost relentless climb; especially if you're carrying my weight!   It killed me off! I was going to go to the doctors about joining slimming world; basically, getting them to pay for it for me, as I'm obese. But I just know what it's going to be like. Full of them women; you know the types- typical dieting women. Ugh. 




I can't stop listening to the Kingston Trio. I can't get over how good their voices are; the structure, the harmonies. Over the past few weeks I've been enjoying their Capitol years collection. I want to get myself a banjo. I've had a go of one, and I'm pretty good a finger picking on the guitar; so I reckon I could transfer it over to the Banjo. I've also been listening to the last few albums by Johnny Cash- I sort of feel bad for him; he sounds so old, frail, and like he's not enjoying it- as if Rick Rubin is standing over him, trying to give him direction- in any case; the collection of records is truly awesome with some haunting tracks.

No rest until I'm 15 stone. That's this years target. I would like to eventually get down to 14.

Yawn. 

No comments:

Post a Comment