Tuesday 3 April 2012


This is me; shortly after a arriving in Conwy last Wednesday. ; I went with Nick who is also in my cycling club. The weather was amazing! 116 miles in total! It was like a summers day. Yes, I know; I look like I've got special needs. What else can I expect, being over weight, and wearing lycra....anyway- it all serves a purpose. It was a thoroughly enjoyable ride; there was one occasion where I jumped off my bike and called out an angry motorist that nick had called a knobhead, after he walked his dogs into the road....in our path...and then decided to chase us in his ever so masculine Mini- he was shouting "say it to my face" and sort of driving close to us; then coming back to shout more; all the while I was getting vexed; I could see he was considering kicking off; and so was I,  so I just jumped off the bike and offered him out. I am very surprised that I haven't got into an actual fight since I began cycling. I've chased cars; and had words with people who have pissed me off. I'm worried, if I'm honest...all that adrenaline pumping; my heart rate in it's optimum zone for the fight mechanism......then some blert in Conwy was taking the piss out of us; so I told him "shut up you prick" - to which he replied "you prick" - creativity shows there.....then he called me a "fat prick" - so I called him a bald prick.  People really let themselves down don't they? Pathetic. Weightloss= free. Slaphead reversal? Not possible. 

I was still feeling tired on Sunday; so ended my club run prematurely; yet still got 65 miles in the bag- I was really really tired though. It didn't help matters that one of the lads ran over a squirrels jaw; and we had to "put it out of it's misery" - I really don't like seeing anyone or anything hurt.  This week I'm hoping to get about 200 miles in the bag. I've looked at my weight loss calendar; and I've lost 6lb, in 8 weeks. Quite disappointing really; I wanted to be in the eitghteens- but today's weigh in confirmed that I am 19 stone 3 lb! I need to adjust my diet accordingly. This is getting REALLY old now. 

I fancied going out to Liverpool on Sunday for a few beers; but after doing the maths it became apparent that I am socially handicapped. Not a bad thing really! It's only spending money that I haven't got; and in all honesty; I'm getting a big long in the tooth now to be going out all the time- has the white flag been raised? I think so, for the time being- when ever I go out; I just feel like "what the hell am I doing here, I don't have anything in common with any of these people" - I guess it's always been like that for me; only now it's younger people....people ten years younger.....I was pondering to myself yesterday that I am soon to be 30; it's big isn't it? It's like the half way point of life...although I'm sure life expectancy averages are in the 80's now, so I guess I've got another 12 years before I'm half way there...that is providing I have an average life span. I certainly hope so. I'm very morbid, aren't I?

I'm still on the edge of my seat waiting for confirmation of my Cadetship; something else that is getting old as well. I should hear something in the coming weeks; and I'll be able to relax, knowing that the past 4 years of working towards this has not been ill-spent. I watched Spielberg's Warhorse and being the nasty anti mainstream boffin that I am, was very very surprised as how impressed with the film I actually was. The layers were there for me to see; the symbolism, the foreshadowing etc; and the storyline was somewhat predictable; but I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed it. Very impressed with the production. But you'd expect that with Spielberg, wouldn't you? 

I've got the gap in the rain that I've been waiting for; or so the met officer forcast tells me. It's usually wrong- in any case- I am off out on the bike for a few hours. 




No comments:

Post a Comment