Wednesday 28 December 2011

My blog stats, Christmas, and being a loner.

I've been writing this blog for a while now, and it's not really something that I publicise much. Occasionally I will post it on my Facebook page; and occasionally I will put it on my twitter page. This generally depends on the subject. If I'm ranting about something I despise; then I might share it. Not as a general rule though; because I don't hand on heart believe that there's that many people interested in the trials and tribulations of Daniel  Bibby. I never knew there was a stats section, and I've just been looking at it now; This is my all time stats up until the point of me posting this:



United Kingdom
625
United States
95
Russia
67
Romania
54
Germany
17
Singapore
3
Canada
2
China
2
Greece
1
Ukraine
1

I'm not entirely sure how accurate they are, and if there's actually people in Romania, Russia or U.S.A who read all this drivel that I come out with, but on the off-chance that there are people in the aforementioned places: Many thanks, and I'm sincerely humbled by your interest. I don't personally know anyone in any other countries; that I know of off the top of my head. I know it's hardly a viral internet sensation, but it is nice to know that people read this, considering it's just something I do for personal reference, and I seldom "share" it. 

In other news, I am happy to see the back of the festive season. Before it all started; I was steadfast that I wouldn't get involved with the seasonal crapulence; but just decided "if you can't beat them, join them" - highlights of the whole shi' bang was probably yesterday; Emma my ex partner (Mother of Evie) took me out for the day to Liverpool. Had a truly amazing meal at Bem Brasil in Liverpool. I walked past there after my Merchant Navy interview; and I had a little nose in; and thought it looked like a nice place to go; then after hearing from a friend that it was an "all you can eat" steak place, decided that I wanted to go there. Out of the blue, Emma asked me if I wanted to go for something to eat; which was quite surprising, after trying to go the red hot buffet, and nando's- I suggested Bem Brasil; I also suggested it in text, and on the way over on the bus, and walking up to Liverpool one, and  I was told to fuck off. Anyone reading this in Merseyside; I can't put into words how nice this place is; the service is great, and the food is even better. Click the link, and have a look. It's expensive, but if you go in the day time, it's 12.50 in the week; which considering the quality of the food; is realy value for money. It shits all over RedHot buffet. There's basically a buffet; with an array of delicious brazilian food, chickpeas, cous cous, salad, and a BBQ ribs(Amazing), and you have a disc on your table; one side is red, and the other side is green; green means that you want meat. My disc was on the green side for a majority of the time I spent there. The waiters bring around different steaks and you can eat as much of it as you want. Go there. You will not be disappointed.

So I've probably put about a stone and a half on! I can't change it, but I can know that with my new years resolutions in place I am not too worried about it, because I know that come summer time, I will be down to my target weight of 15 stone. The next time I go to bem brasil will be with my family; if I can drag them over; before I head to Southampton to begin my Merchant Navy career. September can't come soon enough for me.



Time to press play, and continue reading 

 

I have realized over the past few weeks that it's time for me to move on from this place. I'm socially isolated; it'll be good for me to be surrounded by some like-minded people. I spoke to one friend prior to Christmas; and said I was going to save some money to go out with him; and asked him to give me a ring; it's now the 28th, and still no word; I even sent his G.F a message on facebook; and that fell on deaf ears. Fuck it. I seen the people that mattered.  Aside from my GCSE maths exam entrance being paid by my Nan, and Parents; I didn't actually get any presents. Okay, I'm not interested in Christmas; and 95% of me 
doesn't care; but there's that 5% that wonders why, and how. I was watching Evie on the carousel after the meal yesterday; and was actually welling up! Emma noticed, but didn't say anything; as I told her about it on the way back, and she said she spotted me, but didn't want to say anything.  She said "Now you're realizing being a bastard gets you nowhere" -  I would say that I am  a bastard; I hold grudges- but who isn't a bastard?  Sooner or later people will shit on you. So maybe keeping people at arms length is for the best? People grow, people move out, people move away, people move on. I know I can be a hard person to socialize with; but if you can break down my walls of cynicism, and hatred for everything; there's a nice guy in there somewhere. 
friend

No comments:

Post a Comment