Monday 19 December 2011

Resolutions, plans and reviews.

About the only redeeming feature about this time of year, is the resolutions. I enjoy them the most. Everything else gets on my tits. Jarg sincerity, and being compelled to buy buy buy! Fuck off!

  So firstly, I'll review my resolutions of 2011.

*Find a paid job (This is my 2nd year of being unemployed!)
Granted, it wasn't a permanent job; but it did get me some up to date experience; and ended just in time for me to start college.  I also left the job with no bad feelings, which was refreshing.  
Resolution kept!

*Move out of the house I currently live in; already the ball is rolling; I've just got off the telephone with the environmental health. I have mold growing on my walls as a result of my landlords negligence.
Resolution kept!


*Read twice as many books as I did last year (roughly about 20 then)
Fell short on this one, but I'm not too bothered really. 
Resolution NOT kept!

*Lose three stone by summer. (Taking my grand total to 9 stone lost)
Resolution kept! 

*Get on track for a long term career. 
Been offered a deck cadetship in 2012! Resolution kept!  This is the one I am most happy about, obviously!

*Try and learn French

I did attend a beginners class; but didn't really learn much- so this was sort of half kept. 


4 & 1/2 out of 5 Ain't bad. Ain't bad at all.

So, 2012 is looming, and I'm going to be setting myself some pretty ambitious resolutions, they all sort of tie in towards my main goal. 

1) Most importantly, I need to pass my GCSE's to take up my conditional offer for my cadet-ship. So this is resolution number one. 


2) Slightly more in the weight-loss department. When I start maritime college in September. I want to be 15 stone; which is my target weight for august.  This is also something that must be done, in order to begin my cadetship; I need to get my BMI down. 

3) This sort of ties in with 1 and 2 essentially. I'm going to give up alcohol until I've received all my exam results. I cut down on drinking in 2011 considerably; went 30 days without on a few occasions and I'd like to go through the first half of 2012 booze free. It will only interfere with the above resolutions. 

4) I'm going to ride 6000+ miles on my bike and use my Endomondo App to record it all. 

5) Well, I haven't really thought of a fifth one, but I figured I'd do another one because I made 5 last year....I'm going to try and be a better father. 

So, I'm looking forward to getting this festive season out of the way. Enjoy my self, and then press on; hopefully all my resolutions will be realized by August time. 

. . . Ah, but I may as well try and catch the wind. . . 


No comments:

Post a Comment