Thursday 29 December 2011

Nothing good comes easy, and the best revenge is success ....

Ah, to paraphrase the eccentric Mr Tyson.

I was going to have a little moan about how I hate being in a position where I'm not financially sound. I always seem to be skint; and I was about to have a little moan, but then I though; most of the people that I know are in the same boat; aside from my brother, who today won £200.00 on a scratch card! It's Christmas! Most people are struggling! I keep saying to myself, "when I'm qualified as a deck officer, I'll be able to save loads" -and I guess that I will; I'll be away working; not spending. I'm very fortunate to have what I do have aren't I?  So many wasted opportunities, and here I am now; back at college; not having to work, or go hungry, and surrounded by a family that loves me; awaiting my results, and then; the dream awaits.  Other people are not so fortunate; so I really can't moan about having to live off £60.00 per week. It's a challenge that I sort of enjoy; and what with ALDI, it's perfectly achievable! When I start my cadet training, I'll be on a skeleton budget! Hopefully by the time I'm on my first ship as an officer; I'll be well and truly appreciative of the salary; and put it to good use. I'm sure I will.

I'm loving walking Guinness (My dog) at the moment. I seem to be walking her longer and longer every time I go out; maybe it's because subconsciously I know my time with her is short; but I know she'll be okay and I'll still be able to see her after I've left. Today I walked her up Bidston Hill; and had a mooch around the sights; seen the 1000AD Norse carving; had a look around the observatory, and the lighthouse; the latter abandoned; the principal currently occupied by someone for low rent (lucky sod) in exchange for security - when I got back I did a little reading about them; both currently up for sale; which is sad; I hope the buyers have the heritage of them in mind. I also spent a great deal of time reading up on the Bidston Hill tunnels; which have now, unfortunately been well and truly sealed up by the council. Apparently, there was a canteen down there, 2,000+ iron beds, toilets, and an arms store; I think it was part of the planning for if Germany invaded. I would have loved to have had a look down there; it's quite a grey area really, not much in any records! Some cretin, on an internet forum even said that there's a house by the observatory; and there's a lift or something that goes underground, and there's two armed guards waiting at the bottom; near a big iron door making sure people don't get in. But, what's in there!???

I'm happy to be where I'm at.

No comments:

Post a Comment